Loading

Monday, March 15, 2010

One Less Car

Trying a little experiment for the next couple of months: seeing if we can live with one less car. We've kind of been doing this for a while, anyway. The minivan has spent most of its life in the driveway, but now we're committed. Well, sort of:

a) We loaned the minivan to the church, and we'll get it back this summer. And we could probably "borrow" it back in an emergency.
b) My oldest is home on break this week, so we have an extra car if we need it.

But I don't think we will. It may take some advance planning, but we should be able to pull it off. Wife has a car. Offspring #2 and #3 have bus passes. I have plenty of bicycles.

Ironically, the biggest challenge may be arranging transportation to my bicycle races, since they usually take place a couple of hours outside town. So I may have to ride the race bike over to a teammate's house and carpool. It's not used to carrying me and a backpack, but we'll survive.

No comments: