Loading

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hey! Where's my jetpack?

I am a child of the space age. Saturday mornings were spent watching The Jetsons and Jonny Quest. I grew up believing in miracles. I personally witnessed NASA progress from an organization that couldn't get a vehicle off the launch pad without exploding, to one that sent three men to the moon in less than a decade.

I'm willing to give up on the jetpack and time travel. But Dude, where's my (electric) car? It's been twelve years since GM introduced the EV-1 and we're still "2 to 3 years away" from a mass-production electric car. I'm losing my patience. I even bought stock in ZAP, hoping they'd be able to bring something to market that didn't look like a golf cart.

Is it too much to ask for an electric car that looks like a car, reaches freeway speeds, and goes 100-150 miles between charges? I can live without the hover capability and cloaking device for now.

No comments: